Commercial Law - Estate Development
- If you are a developer we can advise on the set up of the estate standard documentation, including forms of contract, freehold transfer, lease, Disclosure of Incentives Forms, NHBC or similar guarantee documentation.
- Advise on whether to sell the freehold or create new leases
- Advise on the enforceability of new obligations, reservations to ensure full usability of any unsold parts of what is originally within your ownership, and the provision of service or rent charges
- Advise on ransom strips or claw-back provisions.
- Advise on highway, sewer and planning obligation agreements.
- Advise on management companies and how any obligations imposed can be made effective against future owners of individual plots.
- Obtain approval from the Land Registry to plans for the development as a whole, individual plot plans, and the standard form of plot sale whether by way of freehold transfer, or new lease.